Distributor/Tack Truck Driver
Position Summary: A Distributor/Track Operator position consists of operating an asphalt distributor applying emulsions/tack to roadways. A Distributor/Tack Truck Driver will perform a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to/Directed by the Paving Foreman and responsible for operation of Distributor/Tack Truck.
- Operate equipment with production goals and targets in mind to maintain project budget and schedule.
- Safely drives and operates distributor truck equipped with tank to spray asphalt emulsions on road surfaces.
- Loads truck with properly mixed materials to legal limits.
- Connects hose from storage tank to truck tank to fill distributor/tack truck with asphalt liquid and water, ensuring proper mix ratios.
- Regulate burner to heat liquid and start auxiliary pump.
- Adjust spray bars to attain required width of spray and even and neat application.
- Modify computer setting to regulate flow of material at specified rate and adjust height of spray bar from road surface.
- Monitor flow gauges, tachometer and temperature gauge to insure uniform distribution.
- Measure and track straight emulsion and tack usage. Maintain daily logs and submit to Foreman.
- Wear and maintain appropriate protective equipment.
- Perform daily safety checks on equipment, monitor of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspection for leaks and damage to machine before operation.
- Complete daily walk-around, noting maintenance issues and notifying Supervisor of same.
- Understand and execute different emulsions.
- Shifts may vary according to project demands.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Commercial driver license (CDL) A or B with N-tanker & X-hazmat endorsement as well as an acceptable driving record.
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic.
Western Construction offers a fun & fast-paced work environment, competitive wages and extensive benefits package. Visit our website at www.western-construction.com to learn more about us and Apply!
Apply today and become a part of our successful team at Western Construction!
Job Types: Full-time
Paid time off
Schedule:Monday to Friday