Dump Truck Driver – Class A CDL
Western Construction is searching for experienced candidates for the position of dump truck driver. If you are looking for an exciting place to work, please take a look at the list of qualifications below.
Responsibilities for dump truck driver:
- Operates truck in a safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and various job sites to deliver materials, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs
- Transport materials to and from Locations in a safe manner
- Maintain complete and accurate records using ELDs (Electronic Logging Device) and conventional record keeping such as drivers' daily truck log, fuel tickets, delivery documentation and any other required documents according to state and federal regulations
- Occasional cleaning/general maintenance of truck
- Drive trucks exceeding 26,000 pounds to destination for pick up and delivery based on instructions or directions received and by using maps
- Monitor vehicle during operation and report maintenance/repair requirements to Dispatcher
- Secure loads being transported to ensure safe arrival at destination
- Report and receive direction via radio or cellular phone
- Assist in loading and unloading of material transported as needed
Qualifications for dump truck driver:
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, CDL - Class A Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements
- Willing to train employees who may not have driving experience must currently maintain a CDL A license
- Ability to operate various types of heavy equipment that may include but not limited to Haul Truck and Asphalt Paving Equipment
- Hauling and dumping asphalt
- Must keep vehicle in clean and orderly condition
Successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic and desire to deliver a high-quality product. Must be able to work well within a team environment and meet project objectives. Hard work and a positive attitude are a must! Class A CDL with Doubles Endorsement preferred.
Western Construction offers a fun & fast-paced work environment, Competitive wage depending on experience and benefits package to include:
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation Pay, AFLAC Programs, Flex Accounts, Holiday Pay, SIMPLE IRA with Company Match and Winter Savings Program
Western Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, genetic information, and without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against and/or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.