Position Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in removals, grading, aggregate placement or similar construction activities to construct; highways, streets, parking lots, and driveways.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to/Directed by the Grading Superintendent and responsible for overseeing and inspecting the dirt crew in all aspects of construction projects.
- Maintain presence on job site during removals, grading, and aggregate placement operations, to ensure sufficient utilization of workers and equipment, measure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and to supervise the job.
- Supervise and coordinate crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate.
- Communicate project goals and expectations with crew members.
- Maintain detailed daily journal
- Communicate effectively with customers, subcontractors and inspectors
- Understand bid items and plan quantities and identifying extras or change orders requiring pre-approval
- Confer with the Grading Superintendent and crew on a daily basis or as needed.
- Assist the Grading Superintendent with scheduling the projects in logical steps based upon employee and equipment availability and completion dates.
- Coordinate the requisition of supplies and material with the Grading Superintendent.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Calculating the number of trucks required for construction activities.
- Will train and directly supervise 5 to 10 grading employees.
- Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with the job.
- Must be willing to work the hours needed to complete projects in a timely manner while meeting quality standards.
- Recommends, measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance.
- Work with Grading Superintendent developing various grading plans and methods to best suite individual job requirements. Grading Superintendent has final authority regarding action plan used for project.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Must have 5 years of experience with construction equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand project plans.
- Must be able to effectively manage employees and work with other Management staff.
- Experience in the operation and performance of construction equipment is required.
- This position requires a self-starter who is highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent organizational, administrative, and communication skills.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license, with tanker endorsement.
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic.
Western Construction offers a fun & fast-paced work environment, competitive wages and extensive benefits package. Visit our website at www.western-construction.com to learn more about us and Apply!
Apply today and become a part of our successful team at Western Construction!
Job Types: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday