Heavy Equipment Operators
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the various pieces of equipment. In addition, the operator will perform a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the workflow dictates.
- Safe & effective operation of equipment
- Daily routine maintenance of equipment and performance of pre-shift inspections
- Accurate and high-quality production
- Assistance with manual jobsite tasks including, but not limited to, raking, shoveling & site preparation
- Effective team-work and communication
Successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic and desire to deliver a high-quality product. Must be able to work well within a team environment and meet project objectives. Hard work and a positive attitude are a must! Previous experience operating loaders, excavators and other construction equipment desired. Previous road construction or asphalt paving experience a plus!
Western Construction offers a fun & fast-paced work environment with competitive wages depending on experience and a benefits package to include Winter Savings Program, Seasonal Rehire Bonuses, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation Pay, AFLAC Programs, Flex Spending Account, Holiday Pay, and SIMPLE IRA with Company Match.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and write, and have basic computer knowledge
- Dependable and reliable to work all shifts
- Valid Driver’s License
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic
Western Construction, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, genetic information, and without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against and/or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply today and become a part of our successful team at Western Construction!