The Laborer position is responsible for performing various duties on construction and/or paving projects. The laborer will generally work in utility capacity by transferring from one task to another as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to/Directed by the Foreman. Various duties listed below:
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task. Must be aware of surroundings.
- Assist construction/paving crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking, running wheelbarrow, safely backing/dumping trucks as needed. Monitor hazards, such as overhead utilities while directing trucks.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and materials with shovel.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Must successfully complete Certified Flagging Program.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack hammer, plate compactor, cut-off saw, etc.
- Digs, spreads, and levels construction materials.
- Lifts, carries and holds material, tools and supplies. Stewardship of tools and small equipment.
- Assists in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Cleans tools and equipment as directed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic.
Western Construction, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, genetic information, and without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against and/or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.