The Payroll Specialist will process weekly payroll for our employees and maintain accurate records of employee time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Maintains the highest level of security and confidentiality regarding all payroll matters.
- Records payroll to the proper cost center, job and work activity to provide accurate job costing.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits and other deductions.
- Ensures compliance with Prevailing Wage Ruling for State or Federal projects and makes timely submissions of Certified Payroll reports to the State and General Contractors.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and to the monthly bank statements.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Prepares for review quarterly and annual payroll tax returns, employee W2s and other compliance reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially Excel.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Spectrum payroll software a definite plus.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least 2 years of payroll processing experience, preferably in the Construction Industry.
Western Construction offers a fun & fast-paced work environment, competitive wages and extensive benefits package. Visit our website at www.western-construction.com to learn more about us and Apply!
Apply today and become a part of our successful team at Western Construction!
Job Types: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday