Estimator / Project Manager
Position Summary: The Estimator / Project Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of bids for heavy highway and asphalt paving construction projects. This position monitors state, local and private bid lettings and prepares quotes and bids for general and subcontract work. The estimator works closely with all department heads to ensure accuracy of bidding and effective project scheduling. This position also manages the post-award contracts and is responsible for the internal planning & scheduling of projects. The estimator also handles contact from potential customers inquiring about our products and services. This position reports to the President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor state, municipal and private sources for bid lettings and opportunities.
- Keep an effective schedule of upcoming lettings and proposal due dates and communicate regularly with department heads about upcoming bid opportunities.
- Conduct pre-bid planning meetings with stakeholders in potential projects to ensure thorough and accurate bidding.
- Develop expertise in HeavyBid project bidding software. Maintain accurate cost data for use in developing bids and quotes.
- Develop and deliver high-quality, professional bids to potential customers and government agencies.
- Follow up with customers on awarded work and oversee the contract and subcontract document generation.
- Effectively communicate awards to department heads, providing plans, deadlines and project details clearly and concisely.
- Facilitate post-award planning meetings, scheduling discussions and provide overall project management leading up to construction.
- Field calls and emails from existing and potential customers inquiring about our products and services at our various pits and quarries.
- Maintain internal pricelists and projections based on commitments.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 years construction management and/or project estimating experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products a must; knowledge of HeavyBid software a definite plus
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-direct.
Western Construction offers a fun & fast-paced work environment, competitive wages and extensive benefits package. Visit our website at www.western-construction.com to learn more about us and Apply!
Apply today and become a part of our successful team at Western Construction!
Job Types: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday