Position Summary: This person will carry out the roll of picking up and delivering products/materials in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picking up and delivering material to and from customer worksite.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules as instructed by supervisor
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel and scale paperwork for billing purposes
- Comply with DOT rule and regulations (size, weight, route designations and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading, unloading of paving and aggregate operations
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Follow rules set forth by customers or their worksites (hard hats, reflective vests, footwear, eye protection or other rules at the customers discretion)
- Monitor fuel prices of local fuel stations to help keep cost of operation down
- Willingness to move between trucks as instructed as job needs arise
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, maneuvering equipment in tight areas)
- Ability to sit for long periods, climb, lift and stoop to perform daily duties
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years experience preferred
- Valid class A CDL required endorsements for tank and doubles preferred
- Ability to obtain DOT physical
- Minimal moving or driving violations
- Positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic
Western Construction offers a fun & fast-paced work environment, competitive wages and extensive benefits package. Visit our website at www.western-construction.com to learn more about us and Apply!
Apply today and become a part of our successful team at Western Construction!
Job Types: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday