Welder / Mechanic
Qualifications and Skills:
Successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and desire to maximize up time of all equipment within our fleet. Must be able to work well within a team environment. Keen troubleshooting skills, hard work and a positive attitude are a must. 5+ years as a heavy equipment or truck mechanic and 3+ years of welding experience preferred.
- Must have own hand tools
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn new skills
- Ability to multi-task
- CDL or ability to acquire one within 60 days
- Work overtime as required
- Work independently as well as with others
- Perform maintenance and repairs on pickups, over the road trucks, heavy equipment and aggregate equipment
- Must meet insurability requirements to drive company equipment
- Ability to work in the shop and field as required
- Repair and fabricate various items and equipment using cutting, burning, and welding techniques and equipment to weld components that are vertical, flat or overhead
- Maintain, organize, and clean equipment and the work area
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Western Construction offers a fun & fast-paced work environment, competitive wages and extensive benefits package. Visit our website at www.western-construction.com to learn more about us and Apply!
Apply today and become a part of our successful team at Western Construction!
Job Types: Full-time
Competitive wage depending on experience and benefits package to include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- AFLAC Programs
- Flex Accounts
- Holiday Pay
- SIMPLE IRA with Company Match